Tips and Tricks
Eating healthy at work can be challenging, but it’s important for maintaining energy and focus throughout the day. Here are a few tips and tricks I use to help me eat better through my work day:
- Bring my own lunch and snacks so I’m not tempted to buy unhealthy options
- Plan and prepare meals in advance to save time and ensure healthy choices
- Choose foods that are high in protein and fiber to keep me feeling full and satisfied
- I take breaks to stretch and move around to avoid snacking out of boredom or stress
- I keep healthy snacks like fruit, nuts, and veggies on hand for when hunger strikes
- I do my best not to skip meals to prevent overeating later in the day
During a busy work week I still find myself needing to eat out at times and making healthy choices when eating out can be challenging, but not impossible. Don’t be afraid to ask for substitutions or modifications, such as swapping fries for a side salad and listen to your body and stop eating when you feel satisfied, rather than finishing everything on your plate. My favourite places to grab a quick healthy bite during my workday are Freshii for takeout or PLANTA for dining in.
Freshii is a Canadian fast casual restaurant franchise that serves burritos, wraps, soups, salads, and frozen yogurt. They are a quick and easy solution when I didn’t have
time to meal prep and my day is getting away from me. I am a huge fan of the Spicy Buffalo Bowl,
check out their menu here.
PLANTA is a 100% plant-based restaurant, it reimagines, reinvents, and revitalizes, providing flavourful proof that the power of plants can change the world. This is my favourite spot for a delicious healthy dinner with friends and family or colleagues. Have a look at their menu here.
Want to continue following me on my health and wellness journey?
Subscribe to my Health & Wellness email newsletter!